The goals of this campaign are to generate open debate around the way ICTs are connected to Violence Against Women, to provide simple strategies on how incidences of VAW can be minimised online, and to build a community that will continue to strategise around eliminating VAW through and in ICTs spaces.
APC WNSP site, along with GenderIT.org and other on-line and off-line spaces, will provide information about VAW & ICTs; strategies, tactics and solutions on how to counter VAW & ICTs; forum for discussion and exchange; documentation of cases, strategies & changes; links to different actors and resources.
We want to hear back from YOU!
Your thoughts, ideas, curiosity,suggestions in regards of any following questions will help us to shape the campaign and challenge VAW through and in ICTs spaces:
- What are your thoughts of this action?
- Are you interested to take part in it?
- What do you need to take back control of ICTs? (access? community? information? strategies?)
- How do you use technology now?
- What tactics can you implement for 16 Days to highlight the connection between ICTs and VAW?
- What can you do online? What spaces do you have access to?
- What can you do offline?
- What do you see is missing?